Joom!Fish config error: Default language is inactive!
 
Please check configuration, try to use first active language


Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ussb/domains/skaistgiriobendruomene.lt/public_html/plugins/system/jfrouter.php:301) in /home/ussb/domains/skaistgiriobendruomene.lt/public_html/plugins/system/jfrouter.php on line 316

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ussb/domains/skaistgiriobendruomene.lt/public_html/plugins/system/jfrouter.php:301) in /home/ussb/domains/skaistgiriobendruomene.lt/public_html/plugins/system/jfrouter.php on line 317

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ussb/domains/skaistgiriobendruomene.lt/public_html/plugins/system/jfrouter.php:301) in /home/ussb/domains/skaistgiriobendruomene.lt/public_html/plugins/system/jfrouter.php on line 318
 Skaistgirys
Data:2017 11 18

Skaistgirys

    skaistgirioherbasA blazon of Skaistgirys: five golden ashen leaves against a dark green background, that symbolize an impenetrable forest, which formerly was in the territory of Skaistgirys. Juozas Galkus is the autor of this blazon. The  blazon of Skaistgirys was certified in 2005,  10th of May by The Decree of the President of the Republic of Lithuania.    

 
History

 

    The legend tells about a valiant who got lost in the impenetrable forest and couldn‘t find the way to come back. He asked the god for help him to find the way out of the forest. He told that he would build a temple there, if he  managed to escape. Then miracle happenned and the forest lighted.

Skaistgirys is the centre of Skaistgirys ward  in  Joniskis disrtict . It‘s settled near the road Joniskis – Zagare, 10 km southeast from Joniskis, 6 km from Latvian border. Along the western border of Skaistgirys  a little river Vilkija flows . This town is famous for its dolomites. There is a hill Uolynas, clean water quarry where swans live.

    According to historic sources, Skaistgirys was mentioned as a town in 1735. In  XIX century there were two fairs, two pubs and a mill. Skaistgirys became an experimental–model village in The Soviet Union. There a garden-city idea was adapted. Now there are about 30 villages around the town. These villages belong to Skaistgirys ward. There are about 1000 people in Skaistgirys and about 2500 people in all ward of Skaistgirys.

St. Jurgis church was buit in 1827.  It is a decoration of Skaistgirys. The  first church was built by the king Jonas Kazimieras (he governed in 1648-1668). The landlord Cepinskas built a new one in 1714.
The interior of  St. Jurgis chucrch is typical to XVII-XIX centuries. Baroque shapes dominate there : ornamental carving, distinctive stone chapels of Cross road stations. The Parish was established in 1905. Now traditional St. Jurgis and St. Martynas feasts take place  there.

    A school was estalbished   in 1853. History of  Skaistgirys school‘s began in 1910. School didn‘t have any premises for a long time. A new building for the school was built in Sermuksniu st. in 1964. Now about 300 students study in this school now. The school is famous for its extra-curricular activities, for its dancing and singing collectives,  sport club „Olimpietis“,  Art studio and   Junior club. The school is surrounded by decorative plants and fabulous wooden sculptures
In 1965  Skaistgirys became one of  the best handled village of Lithuania. It became an exapmle had to the other republic‘s districts of our Respublic.